Friday, October 23, 2009

Week 8: Gothic Garb

It is easy for me to pick my two favorite Halloween costumes because I have only ever dressed up twice. The first time that I went trick or treating I went with my older sister because she had a friend who had a little brother who was my age. We were probably five or six years old. I dressed up in a Superman costume. I loved that costume because it made me feel like I could fly. I don’t remember if I chose that costume for myself but if I did it was because I thought I was so strong when I was little.

After that year I never really wanted to go trick or treating. There was always some kind of party at the Assembly of God church in Minier and I always went to that. I still got a ton of candy but I got to play fun games to get it instead of running around to people’s houses. I guess I liked that better because I was scared to ask people for candy.

The last time that I went trick or treating was 7th grade I think. A bunch of people went to Lyndi Leesman’s house before and after trick or treating. I didn’t have a costume but someone gave me a Clark Kent costume to wear.

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Why would you be scared to ask people for candy? :p

Austin Huffington said...

i never found it fun to go to random houses and ask for candy....

Carrissa Larie said...

So you were pretty much superman both times. awesome. sauperman is like the best superhero ever. one of my favorites. And going from house to house isnt the great, id have to agree.

Anna Schmidgall said...

haha, thats soo cool, the asemblys of God church is where i go and i used to go to that one party thing every year, but i dont remember you there, and clark kent is super sweet

Noah Litwiller said...

im just super-shy especially with people i dont know so I didnt like asking people for candy

Lindsay Morr said...

We have a fall party at our church too!