Monday, September 8, 2008

Blog Entry No. 2: Best Time, Right?

Best Time, Right?

I have heard adults say that your teenage years are the best years of your and it is hard not to believe them, because they have been through it already. I do not agree with this statement anyways. I think that right now is the best time of the life that I have lived so far, because I have more freedom than ever before and I am involved in more things, but I think I will see better times by the end of my life.

There are many things in my life that I will probably regret doing – or not doing – if I look back on my life fifteen years later. I would regret that I made my parents let me quit taking piano lessons, because I would have been really good and I already miss being able to play. There would be other regrets, but I think that is the one that I will think the most about. Even though I will wish that I appreciated my life more, I also can’t imagine changing many things that I do right now.

To me happiness is being able to say that I may not always do or say the right thing, but I always do everything the very best that I can. Happiness also comes more from relationships with people and how you think of yourself then things that you own or can buy. I really would love to play soccer professionally, but if I’m not happy then it isn’t worth it. I would rather be working a tedious job of long hours behind a desk, but be able to go home and see my beautiful wife and children and be the happiest guy in the world. I think the very best time of my life will come at different times in my life. The first one would be the day I get married. The next would be the birth of a child. Then any time anything significant happens to my kid(s) (i.e. first step, first word, first day of school, graduating high school, etc.) would make me very happy.